Resources for Individuals
- Click here for Covid-19 Information for Albertans
- Click here to apply for Employment Insurance.
- Click here to learn about the Federal Government’s Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). You do not have to have been laid off to receive this benefit, and you can apply whether or not you are eligible for EI (though anyone who is already receiving EI should continue to do so). The application portal will be available in early April.
- Click here to learn about the freeze to education property taxes, and deferrals on utility payments and student loans.
- Click here to learn about access to childcare for core service workers. Health-care practitioners and critical infrastructure workers have first priority, followed by first responders (firefighters and police officers) and others.
- Click here to learn about the Federal Government’s Indigenous Community Support fund.
- Click here to learn about other Federal Government initiatives, including extensions for income tax filing, and increases to the Canada Child Benefit and GST rebate.
- Click here to learn about how students will continue to learn while schools are closed.
- Click here for details of how the Alberta Government is supporting homeless Albertans affected by COVID-19.
- Click here for the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Resources for Employers and Businesses
- Click here to learn about the Federal Government’s 75% wage subsidy for small and medium-sized businesses. At the time of writing, details were not yet available on the Government’s website. Full details should be available by Monday, March 30.
- Click here to learn about education property tax freezes from the Alberta Government. Collection of non-residential education property tax will also be deferred for 6 months.
- Click here to learn about deferring WCB premium payments until 2021. The Alberta Government will also cover 50% of the 2020 premium when it is due in 2021.
- Click here to learn about utility payment and corporate income tax deferrals from the Alberta Government.
- Click here to learn about Federal income tax deferrals.
- Click here to learn about the enhanced work-sharing program to help employers and employees avoid layoffs during the downturn.
- Click here to learn about the Federal Government’s call for assistance from Canadian manufacturers.
Resources for Non – Profits
Click here for A Charity’s Guide to Canada’s COVID-19 Governmental Supports and Programs