Camrose and District Pre-School
Pre-School has been a society since 1984. We started as a play school in 1981.Program Location: The Camrose Rotary Youth Centre 4517 – 54 St. Camrose AB Office Location: Camrose & District Support Services 4821 – 51 St. Camrose AB T4V 1R9 Phone: 780-672-0141
Pre School provides a nurturing and stimulating atmosphere to promote the use of a child’s most important learning tool – that of meaningful play.
It is our belief that through such play; the child will gain increased self-esteem as well as healthy growth in the areas of social, physical, intellectual, creative, emotional and sensory development.
Through our program we strive for a warm and caring environment for 3 and 4 year olds to build self-confidence, make friends, as well as interact and socialize with children their own age in a group setting
Why Is Pre-School Important?
The early years are the most important development years. This is a time when young children are developing their skills and independence.
Young children will develop:
- Socialization: Learning to interact, play, share, and get along with peers, as well as work through problems and learn to solve problems on their own.
- Creativity and Curiosity: Building their confidence and self reliance skills to make choices to discover new things in a play-based environment.
- Early Literacy Skills: Early introduction to academic foundations such as letters, numbers, counting, and witting their name.
- Stronger Sense of Independence: Being out of the home helps a young child find a sense of how to be and interact without parents or siblings around.
- Kindergarten Preparation: Children who attend preschool are better prepared for kindergarten and do better academically and socially.
3 Year Old Class
Where children are developing their social skills, where they learn how to interact with others. At age 3 children parallel play, along side each other. This is where they begin to expand their knowledge of taking turns with their friends and expressing their emotions. Classes are 2 ½ hours twice a week from September to June.
Children must be 3 years old by December 31 and must already be 3 to start to attend the 3 year old classes.
4 Year Old Class
When children have to opportunity to expand and challenge their experiences to further enhance their skills from our 3 year old class, bringing them one more step closer to being prepared for kindergarten. Classes are 2 ½ hours twice a week from September to June.
Children must be 4 years old by December 31 to attend the 4 year old classes.
How are Parents Involved?
Parent involvement is key to the success of this program:
- Volunteer on our Parent Board of Directors
- Volunteer for special events or field trips
- Assist with fundraising
- Share a story, song, or talent
Contact Info4821-51 Street
Camrose T4V 1R9